County of orange MCC — PARTICIPANT GUIDE
program sponsored by COUNTY OF ORANGE, CA
Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC) programs are designed to help make homeownership of new and existing homes more affordable for individuals and families with low-to-moderate incomes, especially first-time homebuyers. An MCC allows a qualifying homebuyer to claim a tax credit for a portion of the mortgage interest paid annually. An MCC can also help a borrower qualify for the initial mortgage loan itself. Restrictions may apply. See Program Manual and associated documents below for complete program guidelines.
- Program Manual — 07/07/11
- Program Overviews / Term Sheet (OC 2012) — 03/27/13
- MCC Question & Answers — 04/09/10
- Participating Lenders List — 12/05/13
news / Updates
Documents / Checklists
- MCC-002 MCC Application Checklist — 05/17/13
- MCC-003 Application and Affidavit — 03/12/10
- MCC-004 Seller Affidavit — 02/19/10
- MCC-005 Certification of No Income — 02/19/10
- MCC-006 Tax Return Affidavit — 02/19/10
- MCC-007 Closing Package Checklist — 02/19/10
- MCC-008 Borrower's Closing Affidavit — 02/19/10
- MCC-009 Lender's Closing Certificate — 03/12/10
- MCC-010 Recapture Tax Notice — 04/18/11
- RMCC-001 Application Checklist — 01/24/12
- RMCC-002 Application and Affidavit — 01/24/12
- RMCC-003 Exhibit A — 04/18/11
- RMCC-004 Ownership Change Addendum — 02/25/10
- IRS Form 8396 (For Holder of MCC) — 2012
- IRS Form 8329 (For Lender) — Oct 2012
In order to participate in the County of Orange MCC Program, Lenders must complete and return the following documents to NHF:
Please visit our Online Training Calendar for a list of upcoming trainings for MCC Programs.
The following marketing materials are for Participating Lenders to use when promoting the CHF MCC Program. They are in pdf template format with input fields for adding contact info.
By downloading the following materials, you are identifying yourself as a CHF Participating Lender for the CHF MCC Progam and agreeing to abide by our Marketing Guidelines.
- Brochure Template (English) — 06/17/13
- Brochure Template (Spanish)— 10/08/13
- Flyer Template (English) — 07/03/13
- Flyer Template (Spanish) — 07/03/13